Looking to buy or sell a home in Connecticut? Click here to perform a full home search, or if you’re thinking of selling your home, click here for a FREE Home Price Evaluation so you know what buyers will pay for your home in today’s market. You may also call us at (203) 727-8621 for a FREE home buying or selling consultation to answer any of your real estate questions.
In today’s blog I’m going to be talking about the intangibles of selling a home. I’m talking about the location, the neighborhood, and your potential neighbors. A lot of these things I’m talking about are things that you won’t necessarily be thinking about, but your agent should be using these intangibles as major selling points.
I have a list of intangibles that was generated from a list of 1,500 agents. This list is from a reputable real estate blog website called www.activerain.com
- Amazing Views: This was #1 on the list with 69% of responders saying that amazing views helped to sell a home, so if this sounds like a selling point for your home, then be sure to market it in that way.
- Neighborhood Quality: There are fair housing regulations that prohibit us from speaking about certain aspects of a neighborhood, but the quality of a neighborhood can be related through pictures and stories.
- Great Schools: This one is kind of a no-brainer.
- New Roof: Potential buyers like to know that the fundamental structure of a home is in good working order.
- Green & Open Space: Having a large, open space is great. Think about homes in densely populated areas – you will be at an advantage over them with all the extra room to spread out.
- Outside Living Space: People want patios and decks to relax and entertain their guests. These cannot always be built, so be sure to include these features in a picture or in your marketing.
- Granite Counter tops: These add style to any kitchen, and can give your kitchen a professional feel that will entice any buyer.
- Extra Storage Space and Large Yard: Once again, people want room to spread out. A home should be able to sufficiently store all of your belongings, right?
- Finished Closets: People love large closets, it adds a nice touch of luxury to any home.
- Mud Room and a Corner Lot: These are just nice features that aren’t very common on most properties.
Three up-and-coming intangible features for properties that didn’t make this list but have shown a lot of promise are great neighbors, hardwood floors (under the carpet), and green upgrades. Not a lot of people ever ask what kind of flooring is underneath the carpet, but this is a great feature to flaunt. Green upgrades are also popular not only because of their small environmental impacts, but they also save you money on utility bills.
So, these are the hidden gems that you and your realtor should be relaying to your buyers and their agents. Some of these features are often forgotten, but they can be major selling points and should be woven into the story of your home.If you would like any more information or if you want to talk about real estate in Newtown, then please contact me.
I can be reached at (203) 727-8621 or you can shoot me an email at Andy.Sachs@CBMoves.com